Sooner or later, Catholic men of faith realize a need to use their God-given talents for the benefit of others. For over 125 years, many have chosen to fulfill that need as members of the Knights of Columbus. In Lorain County, Ohio, we are fortunate to have five councils and two assemblies.
- Fr. Ragan Council 3269 - 1783 Moore Road PO Box 224, Avon, OH 44011-0224
- James L. Martin - Lorain Council 637 - 4720 Oberlin Ave, Lorain, OH 44053-3426
- Amherst Council 4891 - Council Meetings at St Joseph Parish 200 St. Joseph Dr. Amherst, OH 44001 on the Last Tuesday of the Month 7:00 PM in the Multi-Purpose Room of St Joseph School
- 4th Degree Assembly Meetings at 333 S. Lake St, South Amherst, OH 44001-3005
- Elyria Council 774 - 118 Kipling Ave, Elyria, OH 44035-6116
- North Ridgeville Council 7970 Meetings alternate between parishes St Julie Billiart Parish 5500 Lear Nagle Rd. North Ridgeville OH and St. Peter's Parish 35777 Center Ridge Rd North Ridgeville OH 44039
- 4th Degree - Lt. McManus Assembly 811
- 4th Degree - Fr. Vincent Capodanno Assembly 3019
The organization of the K of C is such that most of its work is performed at the local level by councils. In the 2006 fraternal year, the Order gave $143.8 million directly to charity (1.1 Billion in charitable contributions in the last 10 years) and performed over 68 million man hours of voluntary service.
Members of the organization obtain levels of membership in degrees. Assemblies are composed of highest 4th Degree Knights from a number of councils. A complete discussion of the Fourth Degree may be viewed at the Lt. McManus Assembly Website.
A view of what local councils do may be seen at the Council Websites highlighted above.
Local Councils operate under the jusidiction of the